Saturday, May 6, 2017


Utility of Purpose

     Having all of your gear at your fingertips on the the way to the river is a real time-saver. The Okochobee Fats tackle bag makes organizing a snap! Plus, it won't break the bank at only $10 for the small version.
     Last year, I was becoming frustrated with my gear floating around the back of the car or truck. In particular, I had no place to put several different reels, fly boxes, or tools and went in search of an inexpensive tackle bag with enough pockets to hold my stuff. At Walmart, I came upon several varieties of both soft-sided and hard tackle boxes, but the Okochobee caught my eye.
     The bag comes with two plastic boxes with dividers for lures, but since this was planned to be a dedicated fly fishing gear box, I removed the boxes. The exterior of the bag has a long shoulder strap that I have slid down to shorten to use as a carrying handle. There are two side pockets, net pockets, D-rings, and a longer center pocket, all with nice zippers. The exterior center compartment holds my extra hemostats and other extra tools, while the exterior side pockets hold extra shoestrings for wading boots and other items, such as leaders, strike indicators, etc.
  

     In the main compartment, I have plenty of room for reels, fly boxes, lanyard, tipped, glasses, and other tools. Everything I need in one place and now when I go fishing, it's a simple task to grab the bag with all of my gear in it and toss it the trunk, knowing that I haven't forgotten anything.

     I would recommend giving this inexpensive tackle bag a try. It is very lightweight and has more than enough storage for a day on the river.


No comments: